- This event has passed.
- « Carl Anderson | Individualize Writing Instruction by Conferring with Your Students Writers | Date: 10.17.19 | Time: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM | Location | Courtyard by Marriott Westbury
- White Plains | Mary Ruff | The Effective Practices for Guided Reading | Date: 10.23.19 | Time: 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM | Location: Crowne Plaza, White Plains »
Long Island | Mary Ruff | The Effective Practices for Guided Reading | Date: 10.22.19 | Time: 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM | Location: Melville Marriott
October 22 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 amFREE
Join us for a morning session on The Effective Practices for Guided Reading.
Building-in-the head networks of strategic actions for processing increasingly challenging texts is critical for students at all grade levels. In this awareness event you will learn about why Guided Reading is important, what Guided Reading looks like, effective practices for Guided Reading, and the structure of a Guided Reading lesson.
- Provides context for responsive teaching
- Helps students to think like proficient readers
- Enables students to read more challenging texts with support
- Utilizes reading records to monitor student progress
- Facilitates dynamic grouping
We invite you to join us for this complimentary event to learn about the research and best practices around Guided Reading from Gay Su Pinnell and Irene Fountas. Heinemann consultant and speaker, Mary Ruff will offered exclusively from Heinemann publishing and Baum & Beaulieu Associates, Inc. Heinemann consultant and speaker, Mary Ruff, will lead the morning event and conclude with Q&A and an opportunity to dip into some of the Fountas and Pinnell Classroom contexts.
Who should attend? PreK-6 teachers and administrators.
Why: We know how important your students are to you and they are to us too!
Space is limited. Two per building.
8:00 AM – 8:30 AM – Registration
8:30 AM – 10:30 AM – Session
10:30 – 11:00 AM – Q&A