- This event has passed.
- « Kelly Gallagher and Penny Kittle |Everyday Practices that Engage and Empower Readers and Writers| Date: 3.06.20 | Time: 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM | Location | Double Tree Tarrytown
- Putnam Northern Westchester Boces l Dates: 4.16.20 – 4.17.20 l Benchmark Assessment System 2, 3rd Edition l Time: 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM l PNW/BOCES »
Putnam Northern Westchester Boces l Date: 3.30.20 l Fountas & Pinnell Classroom: Reading Mini Lessons l Time: 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM l PNW/BOCES
March 30 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Fountas & Pinnell Classroom: Reading Minilessons
Reading Minilessons are short, concise, purposeful lessons with a practical application in a specific area of literacy. Each minilesson engages children in inquiry that leads to the discovery of understanding of a general principle.
Participants in this workshop will learn more about the values of this powerful instructional context. Participants will learn how to use The Reading Minilessons Book to engage children’s thinking through high-quality texts.
- Consider the values and characteristics of reading minilessons
- Become familiar with The Reading Minilessons Book
- Develop an understanding of reading as a complex process
- Develop an understanding of the systems of strategic actions that support effective thinking within, beyond, and about texts
- Understand the structure of umbrellas and minilessons
- Explore the different types of minilessons: management, literacy analysis, strategies and skills, and writing about reading
- Understand how to assess and plan reading minilessons
The Reading Minilessons Book, for any grade level, is required for all participants.
Who should attend? K-6 teachers and administrators.
Why: We know how important your students are to you and they are to us too!
Time: 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Audience: General education teachers, reading specialists, special education teachers, literacy coaches, and administrators
Who will lead the session? Jane Jones from Heinemann