- This event has passed.
LLI for Grades K-2
August 12, 2020
Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI) for Grades K-2
Course Description and Topics
Gain an understanding of the Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI) system and how you can use it to improve students’ literacy and learning.
The Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI) system, developed by Irene Fountas and Gay Su Pinnell, prepares teachers to provide intensive instruction to small groups of struggling readers and writers. In 30-minute daily sessions, teachers use a set of children’s books sorted by graduated difficulty levels to provide effective reading, writing, and word study instruction.
In this training, you’ll learn how to use LLI for students in grades K–2.
- Support with remote learning
- Assessing and grouping students
- Using leveled texts
- Supporting English language learners
- Coding, scoring, and analyzing reading behaviors
- Teaching and reinforcing reading and writing strategies
- Supporting writing development
- Teaching phonemic awareness and phonics
You’ll earn 36 professional development hours upon completion of this training, or you could take it for 3 graduate credits.
- Classroom Teachers, Interventionists & Specialists
Cost: $1,950 + cost of required LLI system
- Literacy Collaborative Affiliation Discount available
- Additional fees for graduate credit
Audience: General education teachers, reading specialists, special education teachers, literacy coaches, and administrators
Who will lead the session? Instructors from Leslie University