- This event has passed.
Webinar 1 | Create a Culture of Reading at School and at Home: Introduction
September 24 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Create a Culture of Reading at School and at Home
Target Audience: 6-8 Teachers and Administrators
In this introduction to our six-part webinar series, Laura Robb and Evan Robb will discuss how and why it is important to develop a culture of reading in your school from the principal’s and literacy coach’s perspective, providing lessons learned, practical tips and guidance.
Participants will learn:
- Evan and Laura’s view of reading comprehension and tips for creating a culture of reading in your school;
- Creative ways to build community and trusting relationships;
- Professional learning opportunities for individuals and teams, and the benefits of flipping team and department meetings;
- Four practical routines that engage students and bring structure to online and in-class learning; and
- Conferring to get to know and support students.
Date and Time
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM EDT
Participants can use their computer’s microphone and speakers (VoIP) or telephone.
Long Distance: +1 (510) 365-3231
Access Code: 632-955-293
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the training
Materials – 2
During Training: Building Schools Full of Readers with Laura and Evan Robb Webinar 1 Handout 9.24.20.pdf
After Training: Building Schools Full of Readers with Laura and Evan Robb Post Webinar 1 Handout 9.24.20.pdf
Webinar 1: Create a Culture of Reading at School and at Home: Introduction | Laura/Evan Robb Display after the training