- This event has passed.
Webinar 4 |Create a Culture of Reading at School and at Home: Differentiating Instructional Reading
January 21 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Date and Time
Thu, Jan 21, 2021 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM EST
Webinar 4: Differentiating Instructional Reading Target Audience: 6-8 Teachers and Administrators
Students in middle school classrooms can have a wide range of instructional reading levels. That’s why one novel or one basal or computer program can’t meet every student’s needs. Differentiating reading instruction improves students’ skill as they apply grade level strategies and requirements to texts they can read. Evan and Laura will offer instructional reading options that enable you to reach every reader.
Participants will learn:
- How to document instructional reading units;
- Suggestions for finding books for units;
- Differentiate with genre collections;
- Differentiate with a common theme;
- Create reading partnerships for discussions and support: how to pair students;
- Pulling small groups for support and intervention; and
- Develop units that encourage volume in reading—why volume is important.
Save 10% when a school/district purchases ten or more seats on same P.O. Contact us to place such discounted bulk purchases and/or to purchase through P.O.