- This event has passed.
Webinar 5 | Create a Culture of Reading at School and at Home: Writing About Reading Ramps up Comprehension
February 25 @ 4:00 am - 11:59 pm
Date and Time
Thu, Feb 25, 2021 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM EST
Webinar 5: Writing About Reading Ramps up Comprehension Target Audience: 6-8 Teachers and Administrators
The research on writing about reading is compelling: students who complete informal responses to texts they can read and learn from can improve their comprehension of that text by 24 percent! Evan and Laura will share and discuss entries from teachers’ notebooks and students’ notebooks.
Participants will learn:
- All about readers’ notebooks, why they stay in class and how they support students’ depth of thinking about different texts;
- How to keep a teacher’s notebook and model different responses for students, and the benefits of your “cold writing” in front of students;
- Tips for what you can model with a teacher’s notebook;
- Ways that students’ notebooks improve their understanding of what you model during interactive read-alouds; and
- Some do’s and don’ts about grading students’ notebooks and how their writing informs mini-lessons and instructional moves.
Save 10% when a school/district purchases ten or more seats on same P.O. Contact us to place such discounted bulk purchases and/or to purchase through P.O.