Webinar 6 | Create a Culture of Reading at School and at Home: Assessing Students in ELA Classes
March 18 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Date and Time
Thu, Mar 18, 2021 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM EDT
Webinar 6: Assessing Students in ELA Classes Target Audience: 6-8 Teachers and Administrators
Based on their belief that what you teach is what students practice, and that is what you assess, Evan and Laura will discuss and provide suggested techniques for: analyzing students’ notebook writing, conferring, self-evaluation, book talks, grading notebook entries, single point rubrics, and writing analytical paragraphs.
Participants will learn:
- Conferring with students about their reading and/or notebooks during online office hours or at school;
- Asking students to complete specific notebook entries for assessment on separate paper;
- Suggestions of what to look for when assessing students’ notebook writing;
- Having students prepare and present book talks on independent reading: online, students develop a video of their book talk and post it online or present it to peers if classes are at school;
- Inviting students to self-evaluate sections of their notebooks as well as guidelines for what to look for; and
- Analytical paragraphs: from modeling the process through shared writing to students working independently.
Save 10% when a school/district purchases ten or more seats on same P.O. Contact us to place such discounted bulk purchases and/or to purchase through P.O.