At Baum & Beaulieu, our core values are at the heart of our company. We value acting with integrity, which means doing the right thing even when nobody is watching. We also value excellence, which means delivering exceptional products and services to improve educators’ and students’ lives. We believe in philanthropy or giving back to those in need to support the advancement of education. We also believe that we must respect everyone, everywhere. As a woman-owned business, we value inclusivity and the diversity of thoughts and experiences so that we can leverage the strengths of the people around us.
In furtherance of our core values, we have partnered with h2 Empower, an independent not-for-profit organization focusing on raising awareness and improving the standard of living students in Ethopia, Africa. Our founder, Susan Baum, is on the Board and has personally visited Africa to assist in:
- Training of teachers and increasing access to information
- Building, developing, and supplying libraries
- Providing books and multimedia for their schools
- Improving student access to knowledge and fun
- Clean water initiatives to increase school attendance